Week 81 - Quail Creek, Oklahoma City - January 20, 2014

Mi querida familia,
 
We found new investigators this week! This is pretty miraculous since we've been in a bit of a dry spell since the beginning of this month. The number one miracle this week was the lesson with had with D'Quan's mom, LaVonna. She is so awesome. We had a spectacular first lesson with her on Wednesday at the church. When we walked into the chapel, we asked how she felt, and she felt very peaceful. As we taught the first lesson, she seemed to agree with a lot of the things we were teaching. She accepted the invitation to be baptized when she found these things were true. And even better, she said the closing prayer. She felt the Spirit!... and then she came to Church on Sunday! Great start! Please pray that she may continue to progress and that the seed we've planted will fall on good soil and not amongst thorns.
 
That was our main miracle. We met and taught a man who actually received the Book of Mormon as a gift from his aunt when he was 7. It was a great first lesson as well. He was so worried about his family. He recognizes that the world is going south and that it's becoming increasingly harder for raising kids in righteousness. I don't know what it's like to raise kids yet, but I am so grateful that my parents raised me in this Church. I can see how the past 18-19 years of preparation has prepared me and fortified me for the years to come. I am learning how to use so many tools, the most effective of which is prayer. I know that I can contact my Heavenly Father and talk to him. He may not talk back immediately, but I know he hears me and is shaping me into who I'm meant to be.
 
What else happened this week? I went on exchanges and as we were driving, the lady in front of us ran out of gas. My companion and I pulled over and pushed the car over to a nearby parking lot. She was very grateful, and since we were short on time, we asked if we'd be able to visit her and share a message on Jesus Christ. She said yes! Wow, not many people would respond so positively to a couple of strangers wanting to come over and visit to share a message about Jesus Christ. Service softens hearts to receive invitations by the Holy Ghost. We have an appointment with the lady this Friday. Hopefully it turns out. Unfortunately, it's been common to find that miracles one day, end up short lived in about a week. Satan is very tricky in causing people to forget miracles. Forgetting miracles really puts a negative spin on life, because you start to think that God isn't answering prayers.
 
 In other news, we had some good rejection last night... it's good to be rejected every now and then I figure, it helps you grow more humble.
 
Life is good. I hope y'all are doing well. Thanks for your support. I love you so much.
 
Con Amor,
 
Elder Powley

No comments:

Post a Comment