Week 84 - Quail Creek, Oklahoma City - 10 February 2014

Mi querida familia,

And so begins another transfer here in Quail Creek.  The cold has really slowed us down. Not many people let us in. Oh well. We'll just keep on working until someone does let us in:)

I want to really quick bear my testimony of the power of priesthood blessings of comfort and counsel. I've had the chance to give a few here on the mission, but this last Tuesday I think was the first time I ever received a blessing on my mission. I asked Elder Kennedy to give me one the night before exchanges because I was worried about taking on more responsibility with a larger zone and such, and I just want to so that as he gave the blessing I felt like I was in direct communication with my Father in Heaven. The counsel I received was so real and inspiring and exactly what I needed. To all those who are stressed out back at home, if you haven't in a while, ask for a priesthood blessing. You'll feel the love of our Heavenly Father in such a powerful way that you will receive the strength and guidance you need. If you are serving a mission, don't feel afraid to ask for a blessing as well. I think i had it in my mind that I didn't need priesthood blessings while on the mission. But that is just not true, we need to feel God's love at all times. 

We haven't been able to teach a lot of lessons the past few weeks so I don't have as many teaching miracles to share this week. It's strange having a larger zone, we do a lot more planning than we would do otherwise. This last friday we drove out to Edmond to go to a district meeting out there. I got to go on a quick exchange with one our new district leaders Elder Adamson. It was such a great exchange, we actually had a cool miracle. We tried visiting a potential who wasn't home. As we were walking away, I saw this lady walk out of her house. Made eye-contact and we waved and said hi...note to self, if anyone you're walking by does enough to say hi back to you, it means you need to go talk to them more. So that's what we did. We went over and talked with her and offered to say a prayer with her. she gladly accepted. We prayed and she wasn't interested in hearing more about the church, but she referred us to another house where there was another person who needed prayer. So we went there. We knocked and a young man answers the door named Martel. We mention who we are and that we were sent by one of his neighbors. He tells us that his aunt was the one really stressed out but she wasn't home. We offered to pray with him and he allowed us right into to his warm home. We talked for a bit and we knelt done and prayed together. And it was such a great prayer. We talked afterwards about the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon and set a return appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully Elder Adamson and his companion will see some progress out of it. 

The Spirit leads and guides us according to our faith. Kind of like the Liahona... 

I do have faith, I just forget at times because I can only see things based on the present time, but God has eternal perspective and I truly believe that if I focus on the baby steps, what I need to do today, then I can avoid a lot of stress and move forward confidently. 

Pray! It works! You can receive revelation when you pray. I am so grateful for a knowledge that god listens and answers prayers in his own time. I trust him so much and I hope I can be accoutned as worthy to be an instrument in his hands to complete his will here in Quail Creek.

I love you all. I pray daily for you and I am so grateful for my family. You all influence me so much. 

Que Dios les bendiga! Que tenga milagros en sus vidas! Oren cada dia a fin de que Dios puede hablar consigo! 

Con amor,


 
Elder Powley

No comments:

Post a Comment