Week 59 - Clinton, Oklahoma - August 19, 2013

Mi querida familia! Oh what a great week! We had a trainer's meeting and I am super excited to train again starting this Wednesday. I just learned my companion Elder Hirschi is going to Texas to open up an area. He's going to the Deep South part of the mission which means I won't see him again for a really time. Awe, I'm gonna miss him! He's been such a fun, uplifting missionary to serve with for the past few months. We'd gotten to the point where we are on the same wavelength on many different subjects. I'm s o grateful that all of my companions have been fun to serve with and I haven't had one that has really ticked me off or made my mission miserable. The biggest thing this week, is our success we've seen with member presents. We've had quite a few members come out with us and participate in lessons. And the spiritual impact has been more beneificial to members in my opinion moreso than the investigators. You can see their testimonies grow and strengthen when we have lessons with them. For example, just yesterday we had an older man in our ward come out to a few appointments with us. We visited a family which I guess you can describe as a "welfare case." They weren't too educated or mature, but they were humble and willing to accept our message. The member that came with us later mentioned after the lesson how he had received revelation while we were teaching this family. In the past he had trouble with helping people such as the ones we visited because of their situation, and then it dawned on him how much Heavenly Father loves them just as much as he loves us. He realized that as servants of the Lord we taught these people essential truths for them to gain exaltation. The member was humbled, and you could see the spirit working with him. And we've had similar experiences like this one all week! The Lord uses us missionaries as tools in perfecting the saints as well as preaching the Gospel. This is something that is very humbling to see. The Lord sometimes wants to build the faith of the church in one area before completely blessing them with baptisms and growth. I'm gaining such a new perspective on the mission. Miracles don't jsut happen with the lives of the investigators but with the members we serve with. Other miracles this week: I was with Elder Taunteang on an exchange (he's from Kiribati, an island close to Fiji) and we were out trying a few potencials. He had a thought to try one house that we were passsing by. I'd tried the house multiple times, so I didn't want to try it again. But I asked Elder Taunteang if he felt prompted to try the house. He said yes. So we knocked it and met a mother with 4 daughters. We had a prayer and set up a return appointment...woah!!! I'm not the only one recieving revelation! Both companions recieve revelation. It was a learning experience for me, because I realized that when I rely on my companion, I open up more possiblites for miracles. Think about it: you literally double the chance of having miracles if you follow revelation from other people you associate with. I'm having such a great time out here! I'm excited to stay another month and a half in Clinton. WE have so much work to do! I'm finding that as I talk to more people and share my testimony, my personal testimony of the Restoration grows stronger and stronger. If this church wasn't true I don't think my tesitmony would keep growing. It's like Alma 32, when you feel these swelling motions and see the seed beginning to grow, then you can know that the seed is a good seed. you must experience the Gospel in order to gain a testimony. Once you stop experiencing, testimonies start to dwindle. I love this gospel, and my mission. I only pray for more miracles! They are gifts from Heavenly Father if we do what he asks!!! Que Dios les bendiga! And to all my cousins, brothers and sisters, good luck with school! Rely on the Lord with all your studies! When you fail a test, pray to heavenly father for help to make-up for it and improve. You will see success! Serve your friends, express your appreciation to them that you are their friends. Tell your friends you love them! It will strengthen your relationships with them. and if saying I love you is too wierd, find other ways to show your love. Have a great week! Con Amor, Elder Powley

No comments:

Post a Comment