Week 29 - North Oklahoma City - January 21, 2013

Mi Querida Familia,

This week has been very productive. We were successful in getting quite a few member presents this week and then on Sunday, we had quite a little miracle. For the first time in about 3 transfers, we finally had an investigator come to church from our area!!!!! Elder Mendoza and I were thrilled. The man's name is Aruldo and he has a small son and a wife. He liked the services....he wasn't completely converted, but he was fellowshipped by the members and he had a positive experience. More than anything this is a positive step in the right direction. Investigators just don't progress until they come to church. We were very happy and we hope to meet with him tonight and start setting some more concrete goals. 

We also recontaced some investigators that Elder Morrell and I dropped last transfer because they moved out for a few weeks because they were renovating their house. WE talked with Fabian on Saturday and he still wants to be baptized  WE are going to meet with later this evening as well and hopefully set some baptismal dates. These people could really progress; we need to do our part as missionaries and help them set goals and make plans. 

This week I've really gained a testimony of this principle of set goals, make plans, mainly because I've been studying this chapter in Preach My Gospel. I applied this goal especially to my language study. I'll admit that for the past transfer my language studies have not ben quite as productive as they should have been. While reading PMG I felt prompted to make a plan for my language study. I did so and the difference has been night and day. My Spanish has improved, and more than that, I feel so much more in control of my life. I've been praying recenlty for the Lord to bless me with confidence and faith....the answer came in the form of setting goals and making plans. 

This week we also had a great member present where I think the members were blessed more than the investigators. We took out two brothers this week to come teach who were recent converts and less-actives. the less-active at first was apprehensive to come at first because he was afraid of not knowing what to say. We read him some sciptures and testfied that it would be given to him in the very hour what he should say. As we came away from the appointment, he was very motivated, he mentioned how he could feel the words coming to his mind about what he should say. I'm so glad we were able to bring him out with us. Sometimes we use the members to help strengthen their testimonies as well as bring others into to church.

I'm so excited for this next week. We have a lot of appointments set due to diligent tracting and work on our part. We are starting to see the fruits of our labor here in the North and we have high hopes and faith for a baptism in the coming transfers. 

Like I said it's been a great week. Next Sunday are transfer calls, Elder Mendoza and I kind of think we are going to stay another transfer but, no one really knows until day of. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. It means the world to me. 

Have a great week everyone!

Con Amor,

Elder Powley

No comments:

Post a Comment